342 up and 342 down

As a reward (hmm, or maybe a punishment) for losing my first 15 pounds, I attempted one of the main set of "stairs", as they are referred to in my city.  These are supposed to be one of the easiest at 248 stairs!  At this stage, as my lungs are making me feel like I smoked a pack of cigarettes, and my legs are still shaking, not sure I'll be moving on from these any time soon.

My goal before getting there was to make it up and back down 2 times.  But by 1 1/2 I had to stop.   Still pretty good I'd say for a pure beginner of anything to do with exercise.

It was a gorgeous day, and there was some great views from the top and midway up as well.

This is the view from the bottom - you can see about 1/4 way up.

 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... that is awesome... Keep up the good work and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, that's a huge accomplishment! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Keep up the good work - before you know it you'll be able to do it 4 times. Congrats on losing 15 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work, Kelly! And congrats on the 15lbs ... that's over one whole size :D

    ReplyDelete